… plenty to discover!
We are a perfect initial point for all kinds of activities and fun. Discover the beauty of our region while walking, hiking or cycling. And above all the the “Rhön Biosphere Reserve” which includes the entire central area of the Rhön Mountains, a low mountain range in the German states of Hesse, Bavaria and Thuringia. As part of your stay and to give you complete flexibility for your day, we offer packed lunches to take with you if you are planning a trip outside.
Definitely worth seeing is the old baroque town Fulda and the city of Würzburg with its stunning sights such as Fortress Marienberg, the UNESCO World Heritage Site “Residence”, the dome or the old Main Bridge - to name a few. As much of the central city is pedestrianized, it’s easy to stop in at shops that catch your attention. If you are looking for more action, the summer toboggan run and high ropes course at the Wasserkuppe (the highest peak in the Rhön Mountains) or our wake park in Thulba might be perfect for you.
Are you rather longing for recreation and wellness? The spa “KissSalis Therme” can easily be reached within 15 minutes. There you can either choose one of several saunas, enjoy a good massage to relieve stress or just relax to your heart’s content.
Here are some suggestions:
- exploring the region on foot or by bike
- hiking through the beautiful Rhön
- shopping & culture in Würzburg
- fun & action in the wake park in Thulba
- gliding and paragliding at the Wasserkuppe
- a good beer at the Klosterbrauerei /Kreuzberg
- wellness & relaxation in the spa “KissSalis”
- high ropes course Wasserkuppe
- a guided tour in Bad Kissingen and Hammelburg
- wine tasting
- summer of musicals in Fulda
- skiing and tobogganing in the snowy Rhön